Exposure Clothing is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Manager (-Retail) to join our team of diverse and vibrant employees! Exposure is a women's clothing company with 7 retail locations who is dedicated to providing women with exciting fashion and outstanding customer service.
An Assistant Retail Store Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the store. The main focus of the assistant manager's job is to improve the commercial performance of the store by increasing customer satisfaction and maximizing profitability. Achieving performance objectives will require action in the main areas of retail activity: store operations; customer care and human resources.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supervise any associates during the time that they are working in the store;
- Supervise retail store operations and makes recommendations for staffing, procedural changes and merchandising techniques;
- Organizes Store Maintenance including cleaning, tidying, inventory care;
- Manage stock levels, restocking and making key decisions about stock control;
- Organize pick ups & deliveries of supplies to/from Warehouse;
- Display merchandise attractively in display cases & store;
- Other general duties as requested;
- Organize store monthly store reports
- Ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met;
- Responds to customer complaints and comments and makes decisions with regard to Credits/Refunds in conjunction with Company Policy;
- Deals with sales and any customer issues;
- Organizes any special events;
- Helps ensure that sales benchmarks are reached for the store;
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry, and monitors what local competitors are doing; analyzing & interpreting trends to facilitate planning
- Manage and motivate team to increase sales and ensure efficiency;
- Deal with staffing issues: interviewing potential staff and providing or organizing training and development;
- Communicating to employees on various issues relating to work procedures;
- Assist with changes in scheduling
Successful employees have the potential to move up within the company into several areas of management which include but is not limited to: store manager, area manager, assistant buyer, assistant operations manager, social media manager and visual merchandiser.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Higher education degree preferred.
- 3 years of customer service experience preferred.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 per year
- Store discount
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person (Vancouver, BC). Head office located at 1572 West 4th avenue.
Language ot work: English
If you think this could be you, send us your resume at email@example.com and specify that you saw the job ad on our website.